Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Review: Endlessly (Paranormalcy #3) by Kiersten White

Published date: July 24 2012

Publisher: HarperTeen

Pages: 385 (hardcover)

Summary: (Goodreads)

Evie's paranormal past keeps coming back to haunt her. A new director at the International Paranormal Containment Agency wants to drag her back to headquarters. The Dark Faerie Queen is torturing humans in her poisonous realm. And supernatural creatures keep insisting that Evie is the only one who can save them from a mysterious, perilous fate. 

The clock is ticking on the entire paranormal world. And its fate rests solely in Evie's hands. 

So much for normal.

Review

I don't think any amount of whining and complaining will ever get across the fact of how empty I feel now that the Paranormalcy series has drawn to a close, going with a bang loud enough to span realities. I truly believe it couldn't have ended any better. I'd practically grown up with Evie and now seeing her story continuing after those last words--and me not able to read along with her--gives me a sort of hollow feeling inside. But she'll be forever ingrained inside those pages and that puts a smile onto my face.

Where can I start? It seems as every time I started a chapter I was pushed forward and forward until the last few sentences where I was then thrown under a waterfall, letting the coldness crashing onto me. Leaving me speechless and dumbfounded and drenched in adrenaline. The other two books in this wondrous series do not even compare. The pace of this book far exceeds both Paranormalcy and Supernaturally also. Like I said, one thing after another happens in rapid succession.

Evie. Evie. Evie. It seems as if this female lead character happens to be the most real and vibrant (fictional) person I know. She is so stubborn and sarcastic sometimes all I can do is shake my head. She loves without abandon, and isn't afraid do to anything to get her loved ones back. Evie thinks she's being force to do everything and she spends most of the book whiny incessantly about it. She doesn't want all of this pressure on her shoulders. But soon she realizes that when everything and everyone you love is at stake, sometimes you have to stand strong and learn the meaning of sacrifice. I was very proud of her when that went through her thick skull.

The Paranoramlcy series always was like this floaty and dreamy book that magical things happened to seemingly ordinary people. That's what it always signified to me, anyways. No matter how much paranormal blood flows through her body and soul, Evie is indeed normal. Well, compared to the weird, creepy vamps or the faeries with their consuming presence and one-sided love. I think she finally realized it in the end. This book--this series--will forever have a huge place in my soul.

Endlessly is a book that tugs heavily on the heartstrings, leaving me breathless and surround by magic even in this decrepit world.



1 comment:

  1. I just picked this one up today- I'm glad to hear its good, but I'm reluctant to read it because it truly means its the end :'( Great review!

    ReplyDelete