Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Blog Tour: Destiny's Fire (Kythan Guardians #1) by Trisha Wolfe





Published date: January 10 2012

Publisher: Omnific Publishing

Pages: 224 (paperback)

From: Publisher for Blog Tour

Summary: (Goodreads)


It’s the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind—part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven. 

 As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, but she fears the change her birthday will bring. When Dez’s newfound power rockets out of control, it’s a Narcolym who could change her fate... if she can trust him. 

 Dez’s guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she's forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she's feared her whole life.


Review: Unbelievably sexy, fast pac
ed, and heart-wrenching are some of the words I would personally use to describe Destiny's Fire. At first I will say it was very odd, but the deeper I went the more I fell in love with this steampunk novel. Soon I was indeed knee deep in Dez's amazing world full of shapeshifters from another era. 

Like I said before, I was very wary in the beginning. There were a few scenes where unnecessary sexual things happened and I couldn't help but wonder why they were there in the first place. Lust seems to surround this book like a hazy smog. There is no love or meaning to any of the romance that holds the plot of Destiny's Fire in its hands. Then again without the romance this book wouldn't be what it is and so I take it for what it is: a teen, steampunk romance novel. If you're thinking about reading it (which I hope you are. It was a freaking amazing book, do not get me wrong!) you need to remember that. Even though some people may bash books with the lovey-dovey teen romance, we all eat it up even if we deny it. 


The main character's, a feisty and sexy girl named Dez, personality has me wondering what the heck she's thinking most of the time. She trusts her instincts and makes very rash decisions, which can be great in the heat of battle or a scary situation. Other than that though, I wished I could've slapped her across the face for her complete and utter stupidity.

One thing though that really angered me was how back and forth and back and forth she went between the two love interests. One minute she was fawning over the first guy and then the next she was leaving him. But all the same, it gave the story its triangle. My heart hurts so bad, even though it managed to piece itself together by the end. Which at that time the indecisiveness of Dez's lust became just slightly on the annoying side, but I'm glad she ended up with who she did. I hope it stays that way honestly.  


The start of an amazing new, sexy, steampunk series, Destiny’s Fire will drop you off an airship but catch you once you get near the ground.








a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment