Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Blog Tour: Seaweed by Elle Strauss



Published date: June 15, 2012

Publisher: ESB Publishing

Pages: 223 (ebook)

Summary: (Goodreads)

Dori Seward can’t wait to get out of Eastcove, a sleepy fishing village on the border of New Brunswick and Maine. She bides her time by hanging out with friends, attending swim club, and holding her biggest competition, Colby–who wants more than just friendship, at arm’s length.

Then Tor Riley comes to town and he has everything Dori dreams of in a boyfriend–looks, athleticism and mystery.

But Tor also has a tantalizing secret and Dori is determined to find out what it is. The truth is crazier than her wildest imaginations and more dangerous, too. Dori has new enemies, and they will do anything to get to her.

Her life, her dreams and her love for Tor are all weighing in the balance. Will Dori risk it all in order to have it all?

Exerpt from Seaweed:


An uncomfortable thought nagged me. I wondered what the root of Tor’s interest was in me. Did he really actually like me? Or was he just keeping track of me?
I called my mother. She was a little surprised, especially since she’d never met Tor, only knew him by reputation and of course, his nighttime swimming escapade. I told her I’d bring him over soon so she and Dad could meet him, and that I’d be home before dark.
“So, what’s for supper?” I asked with a smile. “What do merguys eat for dinner?”
I was sure it would be beneficial that I liked seafood and dulse.
“Ah, you’ll be pleasantly surprised.”
We spent a moment gazing at the view, watching the fishing vessels patrol. A pod of dolphins jumped playfully in the distance.
“When you dive into the ocean, you become a merboy,” I began.
“Merman.”
Merman, not merboy. Duly noted. “Uh, sorry, you become a merman. How does it work the other way? How do you become a human man?”
“My body is more comfortable in its merman form, so transitioning that way is easier, happens in mere seconds. It’s more of a process the other way. I have to pull myself out of the water onto one of the rocks over there.”
He pointed and I saw an outcropping of smooth water-worn rocks that dotted the shoreline. “It’s easier if it’s high tide, and it’s better if it’s dark. Even though this area is well protected, we can still be spotted by satellite.”
Satellite? I’d never thought about that.
“Then I have to wait until I dry out. Once I’m dry, it just happens. My legs form.”
“Does it hurt?”
“Yeah,” he said, reluctantly. “It’s not something I’d want you to see. But, it’s worth it to me. No one forces me to do this.”
Then I asked the burning question. “Do you think you’ll ever stop?”
“I don’t know.”
I couldn’t keep the concern off my face. Tor stroked my cheek, sending little fireworks down my back. I wanted him to kiss me. Really, really wanted him to kiss me.
He gazed at me oddly, a glint in his eye, dimples forming around a grin. He leaned in slowly. I stopped breathing. This was it—my first kiss. He gently rubbed his lips against mine, and little tingles swam down my arms and chest and throughout my body.
His lips were soft and full with a delicious hint of saltiness. If this was how Tor wanted to keep track of me, I didn’t mind.


What do you guys think of that steamy scene? 


About the Author:



From Elle's blog: I write light, fun, lower Young Adult/Middle Grade fiction of the otherworldly variety. I'm a married mom of four, and live in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, famous for beaches and vineyards. I'm fond of Lindt's sea salt dark chocolate and hiking in good weather. I also write upper/mature YA (historical and science fiction) under the name Lee Strauss.

Goodreads /\ Blog /\ Facebook /\ Twitter




Giveaway:

Want to win a signed copy of Clockwise and a whale necklace? You're nodding your head, aren't you? What about Seaweed? Yeah, you're nodding your head. Enter to win below! :)

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Other Blogs on the Tour:



No comments:

Post a Comment