Thursday, August 30, 2012

Review: Ten by Gretchen McNeil

Published date: September 18, 2012

Publisher: Balzer + Bray

From: Southern Book Bloggers for Blog Tour

Pages: 304 (hardcover)

Summary: (Goodreads)

And their doom comes swiftly. 

 It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury. 

 But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine. 

 Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn’t scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

Review:


There isn't much that can strike pure and utter fear into my very core. There isn't much that can scare me senseless and leave me frightened, scared for my life. I've never experience terror in any higher level. So when I picked up this book after it was sent to me, my life changed forever as I went through one of the most horrendous and scary journey of these ten kids.

I didn't have any preconceived idea of Ten before I opened the first few pages. All I knew was what the front cover says: Ten teen. Three days. One killer. Those words in themselves strike a sense of horror into me and it delights me that this book was able to make me scream like a little girl.

There wasn't a moment I wasn't left in some kind of suspense. At some points in the novel things got really quiet. Then something happens very suddenly that has me biting my nails nervously. I finished this book in less than a day. I don't do that. Ever. That's how good this book is.

The lead female character, Meg, is a quiet girl who loves to write. I can see myself so clearly in her shoes it's not even funny. The trials the ten kids are put through really shows you what kind of character Meg is and I have to say, she's pretty brave for one who think she's weak. 

Ten is laced with suspense and all clues seem to point to someone closest to her heart, but will she have the courage to find the killer and bringing justice to the dead?






3 comments:

  1. Hi Abby,

    Love your review for this book, and I am looking forward to reading it. It's on my crazy long 'to read' list.

    Now a new follower!

    Lily
    http://bookluvrshaven.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant review! I so badly want to read Ten, it looks amazing! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this review... The cover of this book really captures my attention..


    http://bookreferees.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete