Friday, August 17, 2012

Review: Tiger's Destiny (Tiger Saga #4) by Colleen Houck

Published date: September 4, 2012

Publisher: Splinter

Pages: 464 (hardcover)

From: Publisher via Edelweiss

Summary: (Goodreads)

With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. 

But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Andaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal. 

 It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh--in this eagerly anticipated fourth volume in the bestselling Tiger's Curse series, which pits good against evil, tests the bonds of love and loyalty, and finally reveals the tigers' true destinies once and for all. 

Review:


The end of this series is so close and my bones feel it along with my heart. The Tiger Saga novels have been a guiding star—of sorts—to me. They inspire raw emotion that can make a heart snap right in half and is the only series that I have cried openly about. As the end looms in the horizon, I don't know what I'll do when the release date of a Tiger book isn't on my calendar anymore. One more book to go seems more like a losing battle cry than a happy statement.

It seems as if a lot of people don't like the direction this series is going or has been going rather, as if it's drifting from its original plot. While I can agree in some cases, I heartily disagree in most. Kelsey, though, hasn't changed much and I agree that she is a complaining, ungrateful child most of the time. I feel that all that she's been through must have encouraged some amount of strength or bravery in the weakling. But no, she continues to get upset and shy away from her destiny until she's forced into it finally. All I could think was why is she the chosen one and not me?

Most of Kelsey’s replies to questions and statements alike always made me cringe. She isn’t very realistic in the way she interacts verbally with other characters. Everywhere Kelsey turns there is another man fawning over her and I will say that got very annoying very fast. People practically lay the whole plot at her feet yet she still has the audacity to whine about it. I’ll never understand.

The events in the book follow very closely along the lines of the others almost as if they’re on a never ending cycle. Most scenes look very similar when compared to the other books, but contain different characters and even more young adult angst.

Even in Tiger’s Curse you can tell how carefully planned out and gone over this series is. It seems that every little thing has been already decided and yet spontaneous at the same time. The words leak, falling like tears from my eyes and all I am left with is a sense of melancholy. But all in all, I absolutely loved the different tribulations my heart went through while reading this book. Oddly enough, it’s like a drug.

Tiger’s Destiny, the fourth novel in the heartbreaking, gut wrenching series The Tiger Saga, will show you plainly how much a heart can hurt and how strong one can be. 




3 comments:

  1. Is this the last one or is there supposed to be a fifth?it gets so confusing at times. I agree with u about how unrealistic Kelsey can be at times but its not enough to deter this series from being one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goody! That stinky Barnes and noble had the collection online with a blurb about it being the last one. I was so sad the whole day bc of this! Thank u for clearing this up!!!

    ReplyDelete